Friday, June 08, 2007

Childhood lesson- Why can't I do what I want to do?

Somewhere in 6th or 7th grade... or maybe 8th, my mom had me take piano lessons from this loopy teacher gave piano lessons to my sister when she was younger. I'm not a very musical being... even my farts are out of tune, believe it or not! The cooky lady would come as early as 5:30 in the morning to give me music lessons... She would come before school, and I have to be at school by 7:30am. She also shows up with her shirt inside out. Even though she was a nutcase, she was sweet and she encouraged me. All I had to do was give her a big grin when she asks me if I practiced and she melts! (too bad that doesn't work on people now.. meh). She would give me atleast 5-6 songs a day and expects me to know it all the next time she comes... which is the day after next. Oy...!!! Do I ever get time to be a kid? Oh and why piano of all things anyways? To this very day I cannot play one single tune on the damn piano. I don't even know the keys! Shows you how much I enjoyed the damn lessons. To this very day I wonder how come I never got to take dance lessons instead... I'm a dancer by heart and by interest and all that... why didn't I get to do that instead? I will never know.

No comments: