Friday, June 08, 2007

Yo ho ho... a pirates life for me!!!

******************WARNING SPOILERS******************
(If you haven't watched this movie, don't read this shit... and if you do, don't come crying to me about how I ruined it for you, you big wussy!)
***
I watched Pirates; the 3rd installment with Roseby, Mara & Morgan last night. All 3 of us (not including Morgan) were all set to drool at Capt. Jack Sparrow (Morgan was rooting for Will Turner).Yes I'm one of them crazy pirate maniacs. I suppose I'm not nutty enough to dress up as one... but just the mention of pirates reminds me of Captain Jack Sparrow and his kooky but absolutely sexy self. And in this new installment I got to see many of him. The beginning of the movie with a young boy singing the song had me thinking it was a flashback but I realized that after he got hung. Next we got Elizabeth Swann in the dirty old Singapore along with Capt. Barbossa, bargaining with the Singaporean Pirate lord to help save the rest of the pirates and a certain someone. The setting is dirty, grungy and has funny moments. I was glad to see Capt. Barbossa back... However kinda close to gagging with all this swanning over Ms. Swann crap. The girl is seriously irritating... and her romance with Will Turner is even irritating since he looks like her big sister.I was waiting patiently while stepping on some fallen popcorn on the floor... waiting and waiting for Capt. Jack Sparrow. And lo and behold, he here comes... a ship full of them! Some with shirt, some without, My eyeballs just didn't know which one to look at, they were all just absolutely delicious. However, it's obvious that the unique pirate is hallucinating. Jack Sparrow is just fascinating to watch... There's an instance where he's imprisoned back in the ship of Davy Jones and he begins to hallucinate again... seeing few more Jack Sparrows in the prison.. and one of them is part of the ship like how Bootstrap bill was in Dead Man's Chest. What's crazy is that that particular one as he was coming out of the wall of the ship, he pulls his head off it, exposing the brain... then takes it in his hand and licks it! How attractive! Shortly after he panics and says "Nobody moves! I dropped me brain!" Ha!!!The movie moves at a pretty good pace... and when it came to the battle and action, it had me sitting on the edge of the seat. I was amazed at the imagination of many of the scenes in the movie... and how far we've technology wise!Probably the most irritating aspect of the movie was Elizabeth Swann... Will Turner isn't as bad I thought he was going to be. Even the monkey appeared in many scenes this time! There are plenty of surprises here and there for the fan. I was quite disappointed that Elizabeth's father got executed... and was quite disappointed when James Norrington died the way he died... or just died! I just didn't want him to die! As the movie progressed it seemed like Jack Sparrow would be another one to die as well only because he wanted immortality and be roaming the 7 seas for eternity but what ended up happening had all of us in shock. It upset poor Morgan and she claimed she didn't like the movie because of that. The only thing that bothered me about Will Turner getting killed and being made the Capt. of the flying dutchman is that... the crew cut his heart out and put it in Davy Jone's locker in place of the old heart... Even though they don't show it to you... just our own brain imagines up something that has us rattled for quite sometime. He prolly makes a better Capt. of flying dutchman anyways... I suppose I can't squawk about his importance in the movie like I can about Elizabeth Swann. It was very ridiculous as to she gets appointed as the Capt. of the Singapore Pirates, and then Jack dinghie votes for her to be the "King" of the Pirates Court!! Why? oh why? All in all... in the end, everyting works out for the best. I thought so anyways... The others were disappointed about Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann's romance... But this is what irks me the most. We didn't stay past the credit roll to see that Will comes back after 10 yrs of serving on the flying dutchman to his Wife Elizabeth and 9 yr old son. ! ! ! ! ! This is going to irritate the hell out of me forever until I get the DVD! Over all, this movie is dark, dirty, crazy, sad, funny and absolutely awesome!

No comments: